Working with Insurance Companies
JIMNIC Collision Center is a fully certified auto body repair shop. We work with all insurance companies.
Know your consumer rights when selecting an auto body repair shop! You may choose your own repair shop to get damages repaired. You do not need to accept the choice of your insurance company.
Here are your rights, as established by the State of California:
- You may select the auto body repair shop to repair auto body damage covered by the insurance company. An insurance company shall not require the repairs to be done at a specific auto body repair shop. The insurance adjuster will come to the shop of your choice to start your claim process. That is their job.
- You must receive an itemized written estimate for auto body repairs and, upon completion of repairs, a detailed invoice. The estimate and the invoice must include an itemized list of parts and labor along with the total price for the work performed. The estimate and invoice must also identify all parts as new, used, aftermarket, reconditioned or rebuilt.
- You may direct the towing service to tow your vehicle to the shop of your choice. The insurance company must inform you about coverage for towing and storage services. There may be a mileage limit, so ask!
- You should know if your insurance company covers a replacement rental vehicle while your damaged vehicle is being repaired.
- Seek and obtain an independent repair estimate directly from a registered auto body repair shop for repair of a damaged vehicle, even when pursuing an insurance claim for repairing the vehicle.
- Be informed of where to report suspected fraud or other complaints and concerns about auto body repairs. Report complaints here:
California Department of Consumer Affairs/Bureau of Automotive Repair
10240 Systems Parkway
Sacramento, CA 95827
Or: Toll Free (866) 799-3811
Complaints are also accepted at the Bureau of Automotive Repair web site.